Getting organized for your trade shows is critical to success. Here's an exhibitor task checklist to help you stay ahead of the deadlines.
Step 1: Choose your shows carefullyThis includes considering how the trade show fits into your marketing strategy and budget. Read trade show contract, making notes of due dates, payment terms, etc.
Step 2: Determine your exhibit's needs and objectives.Select your primary vendors - the exhibit house, transport company supply renter, installation/dismantle supplier. Review your exhibit to decide if it needs a new design or upgrade. Develop your sales plan. Identify promotions and/or giveaway items. Produce the literature and marketing materials for the show.
Step 3: Plan and Execute
Two Months Before
- Creating this handy binder will help in planning out your event months in advance. That binder includes:
- Copies of all orders and checks for services paid in advance
- Phone numbers of all vendors
- Insurance documents
- Engineering certificate for exhibit
- Shipping manifest
- Return shipping labels
- Additional badge forms
A Few Weeks Before
- Finalize exhibit and booth designs
- Plan in-office pre-show meeting
- Organize and ready travel plans to venue
- Prepare paperwork and submit orders for various services and rentals
- Confirm installation and dismantling schedules
Upon Arrival At Show
- Check with venue about reservations for staff, as well as any meeting rooms and catering.
- Supervise the booth setup.
- Hold a pre-show briefing with staff to be sure everyone is on the same page before the start of the show.
- Plan on reserving a space for next year.
- Check in with your staff daily during the trade show.
- Finalize arrangements for dismantling your booth and shipping.
- Supervise booth dismantling.
After The Show
- Planning your event doesn't end after the last vendor packs up and leaves the venue.
- Create time to organize and handle the leads you've collected from the event.
- Don't forget to send thank you notes anyone that's helped you with your successful event.
- Keep the ball rolling by planning out the next show.
At Rentfusion your dedicated sales rep will walk you through all the questions needed to help you have a successful trade show or meeting. Our experience helps you answer questions such as wireless or wired? Presentation formatting 16:9? Does the printing pages per minute matter? Just ask. We've got the answer for you. In any event.
What other items would you add to these event checklists?